[CLUE-Tech] Do these two items exist?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Apr 26 19:06:49 MDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:13:25 -0600
David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> "Michael J. Hammel" wrote:
>
> > > 2.  I have been unable to find any evidence that there is a Linux
> > > version of the Desktop Korn Shell (dtksh).  Is there one?
>
> I agree that bash should be close enough to use instead of ksh.  IIRC,
> there are some oddities that take getting used to typing commands, but
> scripts port pretty easily.

Hey everyone. I guess part of the original message got lost here (unless
people are BCCing):

"Dameron, Gregg" <gregg.dameron at lmco.com> wrote:
> Please include me in your reply, as I am not (yet)
> on the mailing list.

Well, he oughta just get on it, but in the mean time ...

Looking at the Linux Journal article, dtksh is a Tk type application.
bash, nor pdksh, don't have the gui aspects (AFAIK ;-). I've never used
dtksh, but based on my experience with Perl/Tk, for really simple things,
maybe it's much easier (simpler and fewer options, perhaps).

Cheers,
jed

--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine