[CLUE-Tech] Re: Browser Protest Day

Mike Benavides tipsrules99 at attbi.com
Sun Apr 28 10:03:09 MDT 2002

Keith Hellman wrote:

>http://cartalk.cars.com/DopeSlap/
>
>--- "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:02:37 -0600
>>"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  location.href='default.asp'
>>>
>>And it only gets worse. Loading up default.asp:

>><script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>>MM_FlashDispatch(
>>	"default.html",
>>	"5.0",
>>	false,				// don't require latest rev. of plug-in
>>	"upgradeFlash.html",
>>	!MM_FlashUserDemurred(),	// don't install if user said no once
>>	"startup_page.html",
>>	"startup_page.html",
>>	false
>>    );
>>  </script>
>>
>>startup_page.html is a nice viewable page. It tells you you can't do
>>anything without flash.
>>
>>So, I headed over to cartalk.cars.com, to see if they still have the
>>virtual dope-slap, cuz I figured this web author really needs on. But
>>alas, it appears to be gone.
>>
>>Later,
>>jed
>>--
>>Fight the CBDTPA:
>>http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html
>>
>>"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
>> undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine
>>

>=====
>Keith E. Hellman
>kehellman at yahoo.com

Gentleman:

All the rants and the flames in the world will not change the fact that
to move users over they need a web experience that is predictable and
easy to use.  I burned Mandrake's 8.2 off my Red Hat 7.2 box  distro to
test the end user experience.  This disto is easy is load and has all
the toys like multimedia.....newer kernel etc..  The Mozilla has all the
plugins to work all the MS$ sites as far as I have tested it last night.
 It also has Konqueror for the KDE crowd and Galeon browsers.  It is
Linux for newbies.... and more...

Mike Benavides
Your Installfest Administator