[CLUE-Tech] Slack+PPP: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

David Jackson david.j.jackson at pickledbeans.com
Mon Apr 29 09:58:49 MDT 2002

This one is driving me crazy, I've never had a problem with ppp connection
on Slack-8 before. What's even more puzzling is It was working on an install
which hung while trying to make bookdisk?

But after *completing* a reinstall, it doesn't? I've tried PAP and CHAP (pap
works on Debian and Redhat).

Note it connect, but doesn't add routing for IP assigned by ISP?

TIA,
David

I'm using a USRobotics external modem.

Here's the error messages:

slacker:root >> ppp-go
/etc/ppp
slacker:root >> Serial connection established.
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Here's my options.

lock
defaultroute
noipdefault
modem
/dev/ttyS1
57600
crtscts
# Uncomment the line below for more verbose error reporting:
debug
# If you have a default route already, pppd may require the other side
# to authenticate itself, which most ISPs will not do.  To work around this,
# uncomment the line below.  Note that this may have negative side effects
# on system security if you allow PPP dialins.  See the docs in
/usr/doc/ppp*
# for more information.
#noauth
passive