[CLUE-Tech] MySQL + PHP 4.2 --> localhost.localdomain cannot connect?

David Jackson david.j.jackson at pickledbeans.com
Mon Apr 29 19:34:02 MDT 2002

Jeff --
Does you connect.inc look like this, this returns more usefull error messages?

<?php
// database connect script
$dbhostname = "localhost";
$dbuser = "my_user_name";
$dbpasswd = "my_password";
$dbname= "my_db_name";
$link = mysql_connect("$dbhostname", "$dbuser", "$dbpasswd")
        or die("Connection to server: $dbhostname FAILED!!");
mysql_select_db("$dbname")
        or die("Connection to database: $dbname FAILED!!");
?>

David