[CLUE-Tech] MySQL + PHP 4.2 --> localhost.localdomain cannot connect?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Apr 29 22:36:31 MDT 2002

I think what happened was:

1.  PHP 4.2 sends 'localhost.localdomain' for mysql connect (not sure why,
based on comments from Zend development list:

  http://www.zend.com/lists/php-dev/200203/msg01270.html

2.  I updated my user's host from 'localhost' to 'localhost.localdomain'.

3.  I tried to connect, but did not run mysqladmin flush-privileges

4.  I ran mysqladmin and the updates to my user's host were enabled.

5.  Connection now works.

The only question is the change in the behavior of PHP 4.2.

Jeff