[CLUE-Tech] mozilla usage questions

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Apr 30 09:48:04 MDT 2002

Alright, I'm *trying* to use Mozilla as my main web browser and email
client, and I was hoping somebody could help me out here.

1) On windows, every time I launch it, it imports all of my IE
bookmarks. This is one thing I hate most about IE - the fact that it
won't leave my damn bookmarks the way I set them - I don't want the
"links" or the "media" folders showing up, and they can't leave well
enough alone.  Well, I was very disappointed to see that every time I
now launch mozilla, it auto-imports my IE bookmarks - which are complete
crap to begin with, since IE won't let me have my own list minus their
garbage.  Is there any way of stopping this from happening?

2) Is there a way to set a default font for the email composition
screen? I just want to set it to courier, and leave it at that.  Right
now, I have to do this for every email I compose, rather than having a
place to do set it so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Also, I have a huge list of bugs that I've reported.  I think some of
these are major things that I can't imagine them releasing a version 1.0
without looking at first.  Any suggestions on how to bring these to
their attention soon?  Alot of them are display related - for example,
ever since the first release I tried, which I think was 0.91, when I use
mozilla on windows with any ATI brand graphics card, such as the one in
my laptop, I get weird black lines all over the navigation bar where I
would type in the URL.  I can click my mouse over it and start typing,
and they'll go away, but they soon come back.  Mozilla is the only
program that this happens with, so I think this is something they want
to be aware of.

--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com