[CLUE-Tech] groups

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Tue Apr 30 15:05:47 MDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 02:37:53PM -0600, Mike Staver wrote:
> Hello, can someone tell me how to create, modify, and just basically
> manage groups without using xwindows?  I have the boxed set of Red Hat
> 7.1, and their books only explain how to do it with X.

Hmm, is it time for another rant about RedHat? No? Oh, well ...

The commands you want are

    groupadd
    groupmod

For instructions, please refer to their respective man pages ...
'man groupadd' from the command line, or if you're running GNOME, I
imagine the GNOME help viewer will browse man pages; I know the KDE
Help Center does.

HTH.

--
Matt Gushee