[CLUE-Tech] Bootable CDs

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Aug 1 19:42:04 MDT 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:14:22 -0600 (MDT)
Jim Ockers <ockers at ockers.net> wrote:

> 2. Do you know why your e-mail program sends out 150 lines of gibberish
> in addition to your 5 lines of question?  Those of us who use text-based
> e-mail programs would appreciate it if you would turn off the HTML or
> MIME or RTF encoding on your e-mail program.

Wow! I always assumed Outhouse e-mail would be getting progressively worse
over time, but including style definitions? Of course, I suppose (I
hesitate to even think it) at some point, Nutscrape will be including 50
lines of CSS in the HTML-ized e-mail too. I noticed it was actually an XML
document, with a URL for the schema.

I just noticed that this particular e-mail was created using the "Use Word
to Compose E-mails". Which is an option with MicroSquash Orifice.

--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5