[CLUE-Tech] Hardware question: monitor

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Tue Aug 13 18:41:30 MDT 2002

> Well, given that it's a vacuum, air pressure would tend, initially, to
> suck the fragments inwards (implosion). However, the rebounds might not be
> something I'd want my head in the way of. The rapid and sudden air
> movement probably causes unpredictable currents, carrying shards, and bits
> of phosphor, in various directions.

I shot one with a .410 slug; it imploded, then the glass fell outwards
upwards of 12 inches or so.  The vapors coming out would probably be more
worrisome than the shards of glass.

My monitors (all of them) click when changing modes, but not refresh
rates, and my monitor at work makes a high 'eeeeeeeee' noise at a 75 Hz
refresh rate, but not 85.

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org