[CLUE-Tech] question about fdisk

dahanson at thegeek.nu dahanson at thegeek.nu
Fri Aug 16 22:50:55 MDT 2002

See, that's the weird thing. The drive has no partitions on it, but it does
have a BSD disklabel. When I run fdisk, it says "Detected an OSF/1 disklabel
on /tmp/sda, entering disklabel mode." Then it gives me a "BSD disklabel
command" prompt. It seems that the disklabel exists independently of whatever
partitions may be on the drive.

FWIW, the BSD disklabel is preventing me from setting up the drive for sofware
RAID, which is why I'm trying to remove it.

thanks,
Dave