[CLUE-Tech] Moving data between partitions?

Jeremiah Stanley lists at miah.org
Sun Aug 25 11:09:49 MDT 2002

> If you have ext2 or ext3 filesystems you *may* be able to resize them.
> If you partitioned the entire disk this could be more problematic than
> if you left some space available.
>
> I have used the 'resize2fs' utility on a Linux 2.4 system (RH72) to
> increase the size of a partition.

I just thought I'd sound in with a utility that I've used (and worked
well for me) that may be of some use. It's GNU Parted and it allows you
to resize partitions. As per their website:

http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/

"GNU Parted is a program for creating, destroying, resizing, checking
and copying partitions, and the file systems on them. This is useful for
creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage,
copying data between hard disks and disk imaging."

JStanley