[CLUE-Tech] mpg123 - recursively play directories? (solved?)

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Mon Aug 26 17:31:52 MDT 2002

On 08-26 16:38, Dave Price wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 04:08:11PM -0600, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> > > Almost, but since ls is not giving a full (or relative) path, it fails.
> >
> > Well, what about locate or find?
> >
> find seems to do the deal - I have been using a script with locate and
> grep that builds a temp file for a while, but wanted something that
> would just do a subtree on the fly (like an artist).
>
> What does the {}\; do?

Good question. In the above case, I think it's actually unneeded. In other
cases, where you don't want the passed args to go at the end (default,
apparently) you can use this as the default to be substituted with piped in
list. I see in the xargs man page (on FreeBSD, anyway) that -J foo will set
up foo as the thing to substitute for, also.

Of course, if you are using find anyway, -exec would always be an option,
too.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
One thing about the past. It's likely to last.
-Ogden Nash