[CLUE-Tech] usb/ide adapter?

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Thu Aug 29 07:27:38 MDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 01:36:15AM -0600, Match Grun wrote:
> Dave...
>
> I seem to remember a message somewhere in the kernel config for
> 2.4.18. You may need to include SCSI support for the drive to
> work. Maybe the USB works like a CD burner which needs SCSI
> support to function.

I have generic scsi support loaded - I use a CD-Burner.

I also have a 'real' adaptec 2740 scsi controller running in the system.

As mentioned, a usb-zip drive works as expected in the same system;
shows up as scsi drive 'b' /dev/scb and in /proc/scsi/scsi:

[davep at dp:~]$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: WDIGTL   Model: ENTERPRISE       Rev: 1.91
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: YAMAHA   Model: CRW8424S         Rev: 1.0g
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IOMEGA   Model: ZIP 100          Rev: 02.U
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
[davep at dp:~]$

aloha,
dave