[CLUE-Tech] Stump the stiffs III: Wrecked MBRs

grant.johnson at twcable.com grant.johnson at twcable.com
Thu Aug 29 13:18:37 MDT 2002

I have the LILO half.

Boot from a rescue floppy, specifying your root so that your root is the
root once the machine is booted up, and all appropriate file systems are
mounted in their usual locations.

Log in as root.

type "lilo" at the command prompt, and it will re-install LILO in the
MBR instantly.

Very easy.  I don't use GRUB, so I don't know about that one.