[CLUE-Tech] Stump the stiffs III: Wrecked MBRs (grub)

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Fri Aug 30 15:33:38 MDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:26:28PM -0600, Lynn Danielson wrote:

> Does anyone know of valuable lilo features that grub does not support?

the tux splash screeen? oh, wait grub does that too :-)

grub does not need to be rerun when you change /boot/grub/menu.lst

i think grub is a bit handier at faking out 'other' OS's' into thinking
that a drive other than /dev/hda is c: ... I do not run 'other OS's'
here, so I have never tested this, just read about it, when I used to
need to do this, I used system commander, a commercial boot manager.

aloha,
dave