[CLUE-Tech] more on recursive .mp3 playing

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Fri Aug 30 16:29:42 MDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 10:43:17AM -0600, Dale Hawkins wrote:

> To any of you who have the disorganized mp3 tree, I have a script to
> rearrange the files into a nice hierarchy of form:

grip built this for me - songs are even named nn_title.mp3 where nn is
the sequence on the original album, that is why the '| sort' in my
script works so nicely.

I will admit to one other wierdness that makes my 'mpr' script a bit
touchy.  I store my .mp3 files (by artist and album) on a drive mounted
as /local the $MP3ROOT is /local/mp3 ... i also have a few dozen
hawaiian albums on another system which i can smb mount to /local/hawn/
on the fly.  All this symlinked to ~/mp3 - for convenience, and that is
where grip/gogo stores stuff (gogo rocks) ... I launch the 'mpr' script
with paths relative to the symlink usually.

Thanks for all the input.  I really like being able to launch audio from
a CLI - next up: some kind of a simple web interface to the mp3 library.
Anyone have any experience there?

aloha,
dave