[CLUE-Tech] more on recursive .mp3 playing

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Sat Aug 31 01:44:41 MDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 05:32:09PM -0600, David Anselmi wrote:

> What do you want to do with this interface?  For browsing type things
> plain old apache directory listings might be fine.  A form for uploading
> would be easy.  If you want things like summaries of albums (time,
> number of songs) or a page to show songs by album then a script to
> generate such a page (static or cgi) shouldn't be too hard.
>
> Dave

As a weak security measure, I keep direstory browsing and ftp turned off
in my apache web space.

You can get any file _I_ want from my apache space, but you will never
find it on your own.

I plan to build a simple web api that does things like recursive
play and perhaps playlist implementation.  Not so much for this system,
but for a general media player system.

aloha,
dave