[CLUE-Tech] simple procmail recipe

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Wed Dec 4 11:35:53 MST 2002

I want a procmail recipe that will dump mail from a specified recipient
into a designated mail 'folder'.  This would seem to be a very basic
recipe, and should be as simple as the examples provided in
/usr/share/doc/procmail/examples.

Here is what I've got:

# Catch somelist Mail
:0
* ^From. *@somelist.org
./Mail/somelist

This isn't working.  No change in my mail delivery has occured.  Do
I need to HUP some process?  My understanding is that my .procmailrc
is read each time mail is delivered by my MTA.

My environment is exim, procmail, and mutt on debian (woody).

My complete .procmailrc follows. Mail delivery and spamassassin
have been working fine (still do) for over a month.  I just added
the new recipe last night.  I did touch the ./Mail/somelist file, so
it is there waiting for mail.  The *.somelist.org emails are just
being devlivered into my regular "inbox" rather than the new location.

------------ begin .procmailrc ------------
DEFAULT=$HOME/Mail/inbox

:0fw
| spamassassin -P -a