[CLUE-Tech] RE: simple procmail recipe

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Dec 4 12:25:27 MST 2002

* Friedman, Jason (Jason.Friedman at janus.com) wrote:
> It looks like you have a typo on the
> * ^From. *@somelist.org
> line.
> I believe you want
> * ^From: .*@somelist.org
>
> You might also try adding these lines to the top of your .procmailrc
> LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
> VERBOSE=1
> EOL="
> "
>
> This will send debugging output to $HOME/procmail.log.

One note about this debugging: don't forget to turn it off once you find
the problem!  I used it when I first started a procmail recipe, and
forgot about it.  Several months (years?) later I am wondering, what the
hell is this hundred megabyte text file on my home dir ...

Procmail is very industrious about logging, and I get a lot of mail.

Tim