[CLUE-Tech] Utility Needed

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Wed Dec 11 15:53:33 MST 2002

I don't know of a good tool to do exactly that, but it probably part of some
expensive systems management program. I use a script that will execute a given
command on all the machines in my lab using SSH. I am setup with public key
authentication so I don't need to enter a password for each host and it works
well for a number of different tasks.
The problem I see with a specific tool like you're asking for is system
dependence. You can write one for RedHat that'll poll the RPM database and
that won't work on Debian.

Here is the script that I use:
#!/bin/sh
HOSTS="list your hosts here seperated by spaces"
blackberry rhubarb"
CMD=$1

for host in $HOSTS; do
 echo $host