[CLUE-Tech] DNS Problems?

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Thu Dec 12 15:03:07 MST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Randy Arabie wrote:

> Is anyone experiencing wide-spread DNS problems?
>
> I can't get to yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com, or www.wired.com.  I've tried
> from more than one ISP, so I don't think it is 'local'.
>
> Is there some sort of DoS happening today?

I had some problems around 12:37 MST today.  I have Qwest DSL (I pay extra
to stay with Qwest, not MSN) and I noticed that a router inside Qwest's
network was intermittently having troubles - traceroute packets would
come back saying "no route to host" and ping wouldn't work to a machine
I manage that actually resides in Orlando Florida.

A friend of mine that has an AT&T cablemodem didn't notice any such
odditities.

I personally blame Qwest, but it seems to have let up for me.