[CLUE-Tech] hosting-from-home bandwith recommendations

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Dec 15 12:42:06 MST 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:
[...]
> I like the Qwest DSL Pro series of products because I can increase the
> bandwidth up to 7 Mbps down / 1Mbps up.  At a minimum, I'll need 256k
> upstream and a SLA.

An SLA might be hard--the ISP can't give you one that covers Qwest's
piece of the DSL, I think.  If you find one I'd be interested to hear
about it.

American ISP offers the best price for features, I think, but I have not
been impressed with their service lately.  Their web site says
colocation as low as $24/mo but their calculator shows over $70/mo (at
least up to a one year contract).