[CLUE-Tech] sparc work station

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Dec 17 20:29:19 MST 2002

Hi Jeremy,

> I'm looking to get a SPARC to fool around with. How fast of a cpu & ram  would
> I need to do basic around the house stuff? (netcape word prosessing and a
> little gimp) I'm guessing the HDD will need to be about the same.

I'm not sure exactly how fast you'd need, but I have a UltraSPARC 10
workstation that I might be willing to sell for the right price.

I don't recall the exact MHz, I think it's 400 MHz. It has 256 MB of
RAM, 9 GB disk... I've installed a couple of distros on it, right now it
has Debian. It should be a pretty decent workstation...

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
http://www.dissociatedpress.net/