[CLUE-Tech] Listening to CPR.org w/ Mozilla/Galeon?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sat Dec 28 19:33:30 MST 2002

On 12-28 17:01, Ski Dawg wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 21:19, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> > Does anyone have this working? I listen to sites that use RealPlayer, but
> > this one says "Requires Windows Media Player". If so, what player did you
> > use, and what config did you use in Galeon/Mozilla? I think xine/mplayer can
> > do WM, but I don't know about streaming.

<snip>

Okay, I found out how to do this...I built the mplayerxp port (I think
mplayerxp adds multi-threaded core to mplayer. I'm not sure of any other
differences...) and then searching around, I found a reference to putting
http URL on the commandline, something which I was aware of, but completely
forgot about. I then scraped the URL from cpr.org's website by looking at
the http source, and ran:

mplayerxp http://www.cpr.org/listen/live_newsinfo.asx

...and it works.

Cheers,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
An adequate bootstrap is a contradiction in terms.