[CLUE-Tech] networking questions

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Feb 6 10:50:07 MST 2002

I have 3 webservers here at work, 2 running Red Hat 7.1, and another
running Red Hat 7.2.  They are all in a cluster running cold fusion
cluster cats.  When one machine goes down, one of the other two assume
it's role and start listening on port 80 and 443 for the down machine's
ip address.  My question is this: in Red Hat 7.2, which is the 3rd
webserver which I just rebuilt, how can I "force" the network to retake
the ip address x.x.x.23?  One of the other 2 webservers automatically
takes that ip over when the 3rd box is down, but when I reboot the 3rd
box, it always used to reassume it's ip when it came back online.  Now,
it says it can't log onto the network because another machine is using
it's IP address.  How can I force it to take that IP regardless?
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com