[CLUE-Tech] CVS replacement?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Wed Feb 6 18:20:35 MST 2002

This month's Linux Journal has an article on another CVS replacement called
'subversion'.  It sounds interesting, although I thought the author
exaggerated the problems with CVS.  I use CVS and find it simple and easy to
administer.  The fact that you cannot rename a file with one command is not
that big of an issue for me.

The interesting point of subversion is that it is tied directly to Apache.  I
understand the point of this because many CVS users use it in client-server
mode, with their repositories being on a remote server.  However, for a lot
of cases (like single-person development shops), having to run Apache to get
CVS seems a bit odd.

FWIW, subversion wants to knock-off CVS as the de facto version control
system.

Jeff