[CLUE-Tech] CVS replacement?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Wed Feb 6 23:19:24 MST 2002

On Wednesday 06 February 2002 09:44 pm, Todd A. Gibson wrote:
> I poked around the arch site and saw that there was a table
> comparing arch to both subversion and CVS.  Obviously arch
> showed itself the best of the three, but it's another
> piece of data to examine, FWIW.

Todd,

The 'arch' software does sound intriguing.  However, I wonder if the arch
folks are biased.  I noticed that under the 'easy development on branches',
they list the following as the requirement for this feature:

"Does the revision control system make it easy for developers to work on
branches, merging changes to the primary trunk in controlled ways? "

I disagree with their assertion that this is not 'easy' in CVS.  We have used
CVS to work on no less than 5 concurrent branches to build features into code
in true parallel development.  We have not had problems with CVS and branch
development.

What do you think?

Jeff