[CLUE-Tech] Detecting possible hardware failures

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Thu Feb 7 10:42:39 MST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 09:37, Jed S. Baer wrote:

    Greetings folks.

    This morning I was greeted by an increasingly unresponsive machine. It's
    an ABit KA7, Athlon 750, running RH7.1.

<snip>
I've seen this quite a bit with Athlon machines that 1) do not have
enough cooling / broken cooling  or 2) do not have an Athlon rated power
supply.  The Athlon chips are wonderful, but you have to make sure you
check with http://www.amd.com to insure that you are using AMD certified
stuff, otherwise, you get weird bits all over the place.

-Dave Hahn
"Written from my Athlon XP 1700+"