[CLUE-Tech] Hard drive Reliability

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Tue Feb 12 16:45:33 MST 2002

Not sure if this helps, but these have been the most reliable drives
I've used in a *long* time.  We go through quite a few both for resale
and our own use.  The only thing that is very important when using them
is ventilation.  In an improperly cooled enclosure, they will get hot
enough that you can not touch them.  With proper ventilation, they get a
bit warm, but nothing out side of normal for 10K RPM drives.

So, losing three of them, from my experience would be very strange.
However, bad batches do happen.  But, it would be my inclination to
check the controller and cooling.

-Dave Hahn