[CLUE-Tech] Earthlink DSL question.

David Snyder snyderd at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 13 09:07:38 MST 2002

anselmi at americanisp.net wrote:

That would be me...

This was my original post:
http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-tech/2002-January/002959.html

The good news is I have PPPoE working beautifully (though OpenBSD, which
has a mature PPPoE client built in) - The problem is involving Sendmail
(all boxes) and the fact it appears Earthlink's anti-spammer measures
disallow any SMTP servers.  Unless sent out from their mailserver, SMTP
traffic is rejected.

The implication for me is it preventing me from running IP change shell
scripts to my cell phone and more - quite annoying.  So I need to find
out how to get sendmail to use thier server rather than itself.

If you could shed any light on my situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

David