[CLUE-Tech] KVM (Keyboard, Video, mouse) switch or ???? via Linux

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Mon Feb 18 17:12:53 MST 2002

This is a FAQ on the VNC site.  There is a way to do it, but, as stated,
that was not the original intent.

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 22:07, David Snyder wrote:

    Gordon Forsythe wrote:

    Each VNC session does start it's own X Session - you're right on that.
    IMHO it's better than the windows counterpart, which uses the one GUI
    and you're interacting w/your actual desktop.

    Frankly I wouldn't worry about the fact you're not interacting w/your
    visible desktop - unless you want to do this for one reason or another.
    Personally I think it's better that another X session is started up
    because it is taking advantage of the multi-user environment of
    Linux/BSD.  This is not to say there isn't some funky command line
    switches for VNCServer somewhere.  I personally haven't delved into that
    just yet.

    It's fun to play with that's for sure!  [:-)]   Too bad the framerates
    on Unreal Tournament and Q3A suck as another member quipped.  I'd like
    to try it just for laughs.  Considering they use the local 3D hardware
    for rendering/accelleration I'm curious...

    And that Tyan mobo Sean mentioned - SWEET.  I'm hoping to get my hands
    on an ASUS A7M266-D when I land a job.

    David