[CLUE-Tech] Killing X-Windows

D C dcorwine at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 11:56:00 MST 2002

I have a question about shutting down the x-server. When I press
completely powers off my computer. It is not a gracefull shutdown either.
It is the same as someone unplugging it or if the power goes off. Is there
something that I need to set or something else that I need to install for
this to work properly?

If I go to logout from the menu it seems to kill x-server properly. The
command shutdown -h 0 also works correctly (from command line and in
xterm).

I have looked through the man pages but couldn't find anything. I also
looked at Google groups and found someone else that had the same problem a
couple of years ago, but no one responded to his question.

I am a newbie to this, so I may have missed something. I am running Red Hat
7.l on an AMD Duron processor.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Doug