[CLUE-Tech] Adding A Second Processor

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Wed Feb 20 23:30:05 MST 2002

Chris,

Redhat usually ships with an SMP and a uniprocessor kernel. If you perform a new install on a dual processor box, Redhat installs both kernels and creates a LILO boot menu with both options.

If you add the second processor later, you can always try to install the SMP kernel from the image directory. Better still... rebuild the kernel.

Match