[CLUE-Tech] I give up

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Feb 21 22:07:25 MST 2002

Mike Staver wrote:

> After the bios update, I now have SRM!  Woo hoo!  Now I think I can
> figure out how to boot the debian cd, and start installing linux if I'm
> lucky.... now if I could only get that larger drive to work...

If you can't boot the CD (because it isn't the bootable Debian ISO - if it were it
should boot fine), I'm sure you can boot the boot floppies (you probably only need
the install and root ones, not drivers 1 or 2).

BTW, you can boot Linux off ARC but you have to use MILO (as opposed to aboot,
which is easier IMO).  Jef Barnhardt posted how to do that, in December I think.
But no need now that you're headed the right direction.

You also have an 'avanti' architecture machine, but in Debian I think that just
means generic (as opposed to jensen or the other wierd one).