[CLUE-Tech] Celron v. PIII on Linux

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Mon Feb 25 12:20:32 MST 2002

I'm not sure of the difference, but I don't think it'd be worth the risk
(8nunless your local guys are nice).  One thing I do have yet to check
out, is the ability to use your standard ASUS P3B-F to put 1.0 GHz chips
on 'em.  I was told by a friend that it was possible (and confirmed that
with the newer ASUS slocket adapter, and the bleeding edge BIOS) that you
can infact, run the fast chip with the 100 MHz on the board.  I own an
ASUS P3B-F, and am desperate for a faster chip in it (well, not desperate,
but you get the idea) and the ability to run a fast chip for that price
would be worth the effort of switching motherboards around in my boxen.

Has anyone tried this?  I'd be interested to know.

adam