[CLUE-Tech] Celron v. PIII on Linux

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Mon Feb 25 13:38:19 MST 2002

On 25 Feb 2002, Dave Hahn wrote:

> Depends on the Celeron.  I have two 500's happily running and an older
> ASUS board with slocket adapters.

As I understand, my ABIT VP6 board is designed for Intel's PIII processors
in the Socket 370 config w/ FC-PGA thermal packages.  In the past, older
Celeron's worked fine in dual CPU boards, but Intel witheld SMP instructions
from the newer Celerons.  Everything I've seen says they won't work in the VP6
board.

I have not seen anyone report running the old Celerons in a newer board, like
the VP6.  I'm not much of a hardware person, so I don't think I'm gonna try
that, unless I get some good information stating that it works.

--
Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg