[CLUE-Tech] Database Performance Comparison

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Mon Feb 25 14:49:14 MST 2002

That was good performance in an all MS environment, and failure to
execute in a mixed environment.  Basically, "Does not play well with
others."  This is a big strength of OSS.  The code is there, the API is
there.  There is no reason not to play well with others.

2 observations:
1)  I am surprised at the poor showing by DB2.  My experience has been
that DB2 has faired very well with complex querries, especially with
lots of sumations, etc.
2) I am disappointed that PostgreSQL was not also tested.  It has a JDBC
driver, and it would have been nice to see more than one OSS DB there.
 SAP DB and Intrabase would have been nice too.