[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-Tech]

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Mon Feb 25 18:50:04 MST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, George Finney wrote:

> Is there a way to specify the port speed on an
> ethernet interface?

With ifconfig, the media type argument - I believe both
'10baseT' and '100baseT' are valid arguments, as well as
'auto'.

> We are currently recieving about 1000 undersized
> packet errors per hour from the cisco device that we
> are connected to.  Is this really a problem?

I would say it is a problem, but I'm not certain how to fix
it.  I do recall, when doing research on the Cisco 678 router
(which I am not claiming has any releavence in this situation,
but is the only 'experience' I can claim) that there were
changes to the MTU settings that could resolve potential packet
errors.  Now that I've thought about this, I think this had
more to do with transition from IP protocol to PPP protocol.

--
Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg