[CLUE-Tech] pricewatch prices in Denver area

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Feb 25 23:06:36 MST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:23:38 -0700 (MST)
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jbrockmeier at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Usually, I like to leave with whatever I came for. Having a good return
> policy is pretty important, too. There was a store on Colorado that
> I liked (Xtreme computers, or something like that) but they went out
> of business rather suddenly. I haven't been able to find another store
> of comparable quality in Denver yet.

Well, that's the reason for using the telephone. Call around until you
find what you want, then make the drive.

> > In fact, the only thing I haven't been able to find locally is a
> really
> > good case. Most of the last box I built, I bought online from
> Compu-Plus.

> Is that comp-u-plus.com?

Yep. They weren't the cheapest on every item, but they were on the overall
package (CPU, mobo, HD, video, CDROM). I recall liking Motherboard Express
as well for price on CPU/mobo combos - but I didn't end up buying from
them.
  http://www.motherboardexpress.com/

> Good cases are hard to find these days.

Yeah, and the receipt for this critter is proving equally elusive. I did
find a book of artwork by H.R. Giger, and an issue of Glass Audio that I'd
forgotten I have, but that's only a bonus for me. All I can remember is
it's an asian sounding name, starting with "T". I know I have the receipt
someplace - just a matter of finding the right pile.

--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."