[CLUE-Tech] Dumb Website update using http-put question

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Feb 26 18:25:09 MST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:22:30 -0700
Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> wrote:

> Are you talking about this?
>
> <form name="stuff" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="stuff.html"
> METHOD="post">\
> 	<input type="file" name="upload_file">
> </form>

Nope. That's why it's so tough to find a good web page about it. Lots of
stuff about HTML form methods, and "put" is a common word.

What I'm looking for is a web publishing method. It's supported in many
HTML editors, as a way to upload content. It functions somewhat like a
post operation, except that it uploads a file directly to a url.
Presumably, there's some authentication. Apache and IIS support it,
although IIRC, it isn't turned on in Apache by default.

--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."