[CLUE-Tech] mutt question

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Wed Feb 27 07:09:58 MST 2002

On 02-26 10:48, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Any mutt users out there?
>
> I just started using mutt a few days ago. Man, it is so nice to be
> free of the click, wait, click, wait, click, wait routine! I do
> have one quick question: is there a simple way to 'Mark all messages
> read'? Or to perform an arbitrary action on all tagged messages?
>
> I looked through the online help, but couldn't find anything that
> seemed pertinent.

If you want to do arbitrary actions, if you do 't' over message headers, you
should notice a color change (depending on your .muttrc). What I commonly do
with tagging is to move many messages into another folder. So, after I've
marked all the messages I want to move, I do ';', 's' (for save) and then
select a folder, and I'm done.

BTW, you may want to try the Mutt mailing list - I found it really helpful for my
questions when I first started using Mutt back in Oct-Nov timeframe.

I agree, Mutt is really nice to have, esp over, say ssh. I've used both
Sylpheed and Spruce and found them too slow, especially in this
situation...also being X, if your client machine is Windows, you have to get
some X Server set up, etc. I've also had a lot of sporadic core dumps in
both, esp. Sylpheed. Both were (IMHO) very good efforts, but Mutt is better
for me.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome