[CLUE-Tech] Dual-Athlon

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Feb 27 23:28:28 MST 2002

What would you like to know?  I will tell you one thing - if you buy the
thunder k7, there is a mistake in the manual that could be a rather
costly one if you don't download the latest update to the manual.  They
had a jumper setting incorretly labled for the clocking of the cpu -
would have been very bad I think if I would have powered on the board
the way it was sent to me.  Although, if I were you, I'd go for one of
the mpx boards.  I would love to get my hands on one of those :)  Also,
I have pics of my setup at work:

http://www.fimble.com/staver/images/dual_amd.jpg
http://www.fimble.com/staver/images/amd_cpu_rack.jpg

I was overjoyed to finally see AMD cpus in dual mode - I've been wanting
that for years now, ever since the original K6 was introduced.  I was
tired of having to pay Intel prices for an affordable dual cpu machine.