[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-TechDSL (Cisco Modem) - passwords

Richard Knechtel krs3 at qwest.net
Fri Jan 4 16:07:02 MST 2002

I figured some of it out.  It seems that if you set the password encyption
to disabled and then set the exec and enable passwords  the "Commander
Password" doesn't show up. BUT if you set password encryption to enabled
THEN the "Commander Password shows up".  Unfortunately the password
recovery stuff won't help since the commander password only shows up in
encrypted mode and using MD5 so their password recovery procedures won't work.

Anyone know how to reverse MD5 encryption? :^)