[CLUE-Tech] SuSE 7.2 Error: "Unsupported partition table"

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Tue Jan 8 09:35:39 MST 2002

I used Tom's RootBoot floppy (which I am becoming to be quite fond of)
and overwrote the partition table as you suggested.
SuSe was then able to install itself and is now up and running.

I can only conjecture that a previous program, such as OpenBSD or Gentoo
Linux (using ext3) overwrote the partition table and somehow changed it
so that SuSE would not see it. I find this somewhat improbable as both
Slack and RedHat using ext2 have been installed on the drive since then.

Or maybe it's a bug, or even a feature. Quien Sabe?     ;-)

Thanx for the help.

BOF