[CLUE-Tech] Partial file troubles

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Wed Jan 9 09:35:41 MST 2002

We have a scheduler system that kicks off on the modification or
existence of a file.  This file is being sent via FTP.  The thing it
kicks off is a Korn shell script that runs PGP.

Here is the problem:
The file is marked as modified, or comes into existence before the FTP
is complete.  PGP does not like this.  Is there a test for the number of
open file handles on that inode, or a way to tell if exclusive access is
available to a file so that we can tell from the shell script when FTP
is done before we start the PGP?