[CLUE-Tech] CLUE Projector Fund

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 21:09:27 MST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 January 2002 06:07 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > Anybody heard about the flip side?
> >   http://www.paypalsucks.com/
>
> Jed,
>
> I have read the negative aspects of it, but probably 99% of PayPal users have
> not had any problems.
>
> AFAIK - Most of the bad press stemmed from one person who used PayPal and
> E-Bay to rip off several customers.  The other part is to know that PayPal is
> not FDIC insured.

There is one thing I'm not too crazy about -- I signed up for PayPal to
support User Friendly, and got everything set up OK. Then I got an email
from PayPal saying that I'm limited to transferring $1,000 (not likely,
but still) until I give them my banking information.

No rationale is given for this, I'm assuming it's so they can withdraw
funds through my bank account rather than a credit card, which probably
costs them more. However, they claim it's for "security reasons" by
"demonstrating that you have met a bank's approval process." I don't
understand what's insecure about doing business with a credit card.
(You have to be approved for a credit card as well...) I think that
PayPal is a great idea, but I'm not fond of doing business with
companies that lie to their customers.

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
Ishmael said, "It is your culture's deep-seated perception that
wisdom is not to be found among you. This is what your daydream
reveals. You know how to build marvelous electronic gadgets, you
know how to send ships into space, you know how to peer into
the depths of atoms. But the simplest and most needful knowledge of
all, the knowledge of how to live, simply doesn't exist among you."