[CLUE-Tech] Hardware Questions

JOEL COHEN cjabbe at msn.com
Sat Jan 12 20:33:13 MST 2002

Are you sure you want to build a new machine? It might not cost you much more to buy a new machine, and you'll save yourself a good deal of time. Once you figure in a new motherboard (yes, you will need to buy a new one), CPU, memory (yes, you will have to replace what you've got), and maybe a new video card, you'll end up spending just as much as a new system.

If you still want to build your own, I would buy the components over the internet. You'll get better prices than from any local place. Check out pricewatch.com for some comparison shopping.

Good sites for specs: tomshardware.com, anandtech.com, arstechnica.com