[CLUE-Tech] Assembler in Red Hat?

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Jan 14 12:40:44 MST 2002

The assembler that that comes with gcc is called either 'as' or 'gas.'  It
does not use syntax like the usual Intel syntax, though, and is designed
first for the compiler's use, so it can be a bit terse with errors and
such.  You can also get programs like 'NASM,' which tries to be more
human-friendly.  There is a Linux Assembly HOWTO, I believe.  Check it
out on a Linus Doc Mirror ( or look for it in you doc directory).

HTH,
Tim