[CLUE-Tech] PayPal

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Jan 14 22:22:50 MST 2002

Jim Ockers wrote:

[...]

> If you try to send someone funds from your PayPal "account," they make it
> very difficult to use a credit card now.  This is because the ACH EFT
> costs only a couple of cents for them to process, whereas the credit card
> transaction costs them a few cents and a percentage of the amount.  If
> you are a "verified" user they have your bank account and can do elec-
> tronic debits from your bank account.  You have to go through a much more
> complicated process to switch the funds transfer to happen using a credit
> card instead of electronically withdrawing the funds immediately from
> your bank account.

I do not think I would trust PayPal with my bank account info, especially for
on-line transactions.  With a credit card, my liability is limited for fraudulent
charges.  Is there any limit for ACH transactions (either from the bank or from
PayPal)?  Sounds spooky to me, although their motivation makes perfect sense.