[CLUE-Tech] Re: Re: Newbie dual-booting XP and Linux problems

Kenneth Courville kcourville at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 16:03:28 MST 2002

"From Dave: I would suggest that you leave the
hardware alone and don't reinstall anything.  You will
learn more by finding and fixing the problem rather
than rearranging things until you hit on a workable
combination."

You're on the same thinking path that I'm on, even
though I did move the drive to the primary controller,
which was no big deal for me.  And I have the jumpers
set appropriately.  I'm a newbie to Linux, not PC
hardware. :-)

I'm quite sure that my problem is getting LILO to see
my hardware properly.

As for GRUB...that was probably going to be my next
step.  Though, I'm not willing to re-partition my XP
drive so that I have FAT as the starting partition, if
it requires that. According to what I've read out
there, I should be able to make my current hardware
and partition config work.